What is Restorative Dentistry? Types of Dental Restorations
Preventative care is the most cost-effective, hassle-free method to keep your beautiful smile healthy. Unfortunately, injuries or a little slip-up in your dental care can leave you with damaged or decayed teeth and gums. Luckily, whether it’s because of neglect or something out of your control, Granite Bay Dentistry can help residents in Granite Bay and surrounding cities restore their dental health to its former self — or even better. We have invested in technology and a well-trained team to offer numerous dental restoration treatments to keep your smile looking brand new.
Common types of dental restorations
Restorative dentistry isn’t about one procedure — it encompasses several cosmetic and restorative treatments whose objective is to restore the functionality and health of your smile. Here are the standard dental restoration services Dr. Colby Smith and the team use to save smiles in Granite Bay, California, and the nearby areas:
- Tooth-colored fillings: It’s one of the most common types of dental restoration. The treatment involves removing the decayed part and filling it with composite material to protect the tooth underneath from further damage and infection.
- Dental crowns: Is your tooth’s damage or decay too extensive for a typical dental filling? Need to replace your lost tooth with an implant or bridge? Want to strengthen your weak tooth? All these jobs can be done using a dental crown. A crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over your damaged or decayed tooth to improve its strength, size, color, and shape.
- Dentures and bridges: If you have lost several or all your teeth, you can consider dentures for a complete smile. Dental bridges replace one or several teeth missing in a row.
- Dental implants: Looking for a long-lasting solution to your missing teeth? You can’t go wrong by considering implant-based restorations. Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants replace your entire tooth, resulting in long-lasting solutions for your lost teeth.
- Root canal therapy: Have an infected tooth and don’t want it extracted? We can salvage your tooth using root canal therapy by removing the infected pulp chamber.
Restorative dentistry not only restores your oral functionality but rejuvenates your confidence. Do you know how it feels to wear a brand-new suit or dress? Having a restored smile gives you the same feeling!
Dental Restorative Services in Granite Bay, California
Have damaged or decayed teeth? Dr. Colby Smith can help restore your oral health for a healthy, confident smile. Please call our Granite Bay Dentistry office at (916) 735-4720 to schedule an appointment.